This guide will help you get started using the AFRL Munitions Directorate Technical Library. It consists of several quick instructional videos and tips to help you make the most of your research experience using the technical library. The videos and written text contain the same instructions.
- Main Features of the Library Website - Finding a Book in the Library Catalog - Interlibrary Loans
- Setting up an Account - Databases - Literature Searches
- Searching the Library Website - Publication Finder - Booking a Collaboration Room
- Knovel Tools
1. Search bar along the top – can use it to search for books, articles, conference proceedings the library has access to.
2. Quick links to search data bases, book catalog, e-books, and publication finder for journals.
3. The menu bar under the search bar has links to request an interlibrary loan, a literature search, a collaboration room, and contact information for library staff.
4. The link to set up an account – you must be an AFRL employee or contractor to have an account and you must have an account to access eResources.
5. Featured resources are the most popular databases used by members of the organization.
1. Click the link on the homepage that says, “Set Up An Account.”
2. Click on the User Agreement link that says, “AFRL Munitions Directorate Technical Library User Agreement.”
3. Fill out the form with your information.
4. Click submit.
1. Type your search terms into the search bar and click the search button.
2. Use the menu on the left side of the screen to limit your search options.
3. Check if books are available by using the “Retrieve Catalog Item” link.
4. Use the “Full Text Finder” link to access journal articles or conference proceedings.
5. Use the “Request this item” link to request an interlibrary loan for items we do not have in the library.