*/ */Skip to Main Content
The Eielson AFB Library offers FREE 3D printing for patrons!
Want to learn about 3D Printers?
Schedule some one-on-one time with us and we'll teach you the basics of 3D printing. Call us at 377-3174 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to read about 3D printing?
3dprintingforbeginners.com has a lot of information to teach you the basics of 3D printing.
Want to find something to print?
Thingiverse.com hosts a large amount of models that are free to print.
Want to design your own model?
PLA Filament [ Blue, Orange, Yellow, Purple, Gray, White, Red, Clear, Green, Black ]
NOTICE WARNING CONCERNING COPYRIGHT AND OTHER LEGAL RESTRICTIONS.
The copyright (Title 17, United States Code), intellectual property (patent law for example under Title 35, United States Code) and other laws of the United States may govern the making of photocopies or other reproductions of content protected by copyright, patent and other laws. The Library assumes no responsibility for copyright or patent violations incurred through the use of this service.
· Patrons must have a library patron account to use the 3D printer.
· Patrons may submit only a single file request at a time.
· Patrons under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian submit requests for them.
· Patrons are limited to 7 hours of printing time per month per family.
· All 3D printing requests must be submitted as .STL or .OBJ file type.
· Files can be submitted to email@example.com along with sponsor/active duty member’s name and phone number.
· Single color requests can be made. Color requests will be taken into account when printing but may not always be honored.
· By submitting an email request, patrons agree to all 3D printing policies.
· The Library does not have 3D printer software on patron computers. Patrons can find various 3D modeling software online. Staff may refer patrons to 3D programs but the Library does not endorse any software.
· 3D designs may be found online or created by the patron.
· Library staff will briefly evaluate each submitted file for size, compatibility with printer, and the need for support.
· Staff is not responsible for design flaws or ill-fitting building parts, and will not modify submissions beyond the described above.
· Patrons are responsible for design specifications (including measurements, color, thickness of shell, support, and overhangs).
· Submissions made without design specifications will be printed using default settings.
· The Library assumes no responsibility for failed print jobs.
· Patrons may only reprint failed print jobs once.
· Patrons should allow at least two (2) weeks for an approved print job to be completed.
· Patrons have one month from the day they were contacted to pick up their printed items. All items not picked up after one month become the property of the library.
· Every new print job or reprint will be placed at the end of the print queue.
· Staff cannot modify print queue.
· Patrons must show ID when picking up projects. Only the patron who requested the print or their sponsor may pick up finished prints.
· Policies must be adhered to at all times.
· The print job requester assumes responsibility for the safe use of the object once it is printed.
· The 3D printer may be used for lawful purposes only. Patrons will not be permitted to use the printer to create objects that:
· violates local, state, or federal law
· may be unsafe, harmful, dangerous or that may pose an immediate threat to the well being of others
· infringes on a copyright, patent, or trademark protection
· is considered obscene or inappropriate for the Library environment
· The Library takes no responsibility for the end-use of an object once the object is printed.
· We reserve the right to refuse any print job.
· By making use of this service, you agree to use it for lawful purposes that respect the policies of Eielson Air Force Base and the Eielson AFB Library as well as the safety and well-being of all staff, patrons, and community.
· If you have complex 3D printing needs, a paid 3D printing service may work best for you. You may use these third party services at your own risk. The Library does not endorse any third-party service and does not know any details of their services.
3D Print Copyright Notice
NOTICE WARNING CONCERNING COPYRIGHT AND OTHER LEGAL RESTRICTIONS. The copyright (Title 17, United States Code), intellectual property (patent law for example under Title 35, United States Code) and other laws of the United States may govern the making of photocopies or other reproductions of content protected by copyright, patent and other laws. The Library assumes no responsibility for copyright or patent violations incurred through the use of this service.
Have a question? Call us at